Manitoba Sustainable Energy Association (ManSEA) 2019 conference is focussing on Sustainable Energy on the Home and Farm.
There has been considerable interest in sustainable energy in Manitoba this year as the provincial government prepares to implement the Made in Manitoba Climate and Green Plan. To that end, the ManSEA 2019 Conference will focus its attention on strategies for using sustainable energy to reduce carbon emissions and energy costs on the farm (one of the largest emitters of greenhouse gases in the province).
Some of the confirmed presenters for the conference include:
- Colleen Kuruluk, CEO for Efficiency Manitoba, “A high level overview of Efficiency Manitoba.”
- Dr. Eric L. Bibeau, P.Eng., Associate Professor at University of Manitoba Faculty of Engineering, “Is energy storage right for you and what is the latest in technology improvements with various storage options.”
- Alex Stuart, Executive Vice President, Sycamore Energy Inc., “Solar energy on the farm and the viability in a market like Manitoba”
- Barry Ireland, President at Kelso Energy Ltd., “The inner working on Wind Energy and what you need to know.”
- Brad Crass, Executive Director at the Galileo Project. world, Inc., “A discussion on Biofuels and its application in Rural Manitoba”
The FCC will be there to present on financial products and services.
We encourage your participation and input into how Manitoba might move forward with renewable energy projects to not only reduce our carbon emissions but also do this in a sustainable way. As we enter the era of increasing energy costs what are the opportunities and incentives that might be in place that can be part of the solution to carbon reduction?